Sunday, June 8, 2008

False Start

Right now, I should be on a plane on my way to Baku, but apparently you can't travel internationally without a passport. The stupid visa expediting service I'm using forgot to send back my passport in time for my flight this Sunday, so now I'm leaving on Friday and I'm pissed. On the bright side, I get to spend a few more days in hot and humid New Haven!

Thanks to A Briggs' incompetence, I may not get a chance to go through Turkmenistan. The arrangements I'd made were for this Thursday, but now I won't even get to Baku until Saturday. More than likely my original plans probably aren't going to work out, so now I'll be playing it by ear in true backpacker style.

In honor of A Briggs, I encourage everyone to visit FAIL blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to reading about your adventure, vinod...be safe and have fun!

Anonymous said...

dude, this can't be as much fun as unpacking boxes in Boise! have a killer time..

Unknown said...

Holy Vodkamolly!!! You are going to have a lot of thrilling experiences. Looking forward to reading them.
/Chax

emily1616 said...

You're leaving so soon! Have fun! I'll be reading along, traveling vicariously from my desk chair on Madison Ave.