Thursday, June 12, 2008

Change of Plans

My visa to Uzbekistan has yet to come through, so that means I can't go into Turkmenistan as planned because I don't have proof that I can leave. This means the plans have to change.

I'm going to land in Baku Saturday and try to get a visa to Kazakhstan then fly from Baku to Almaty as soon as possible. I'll go overland from Kazakhstan to Uzbekistan then to Turkmenistan then fly back to Kazakhstan either from Ashgabat, Tashkent or Baku (whichever is cheaper). By the time I reach Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan I should have the required visas to get in and out. The initial plan was to travel west to east, but now I'll be going east to west.

Also, I tried to upload a picture of my backpack but realized I don't have the cable to transfer the picture from my camera to my computer. This is a relatively easy problem to fix (I think) so until I can start uploading pictures imagine a picture of me carrying a blue North Face backpack like the one below.

1 comment:

Cea26 said...

Vinod! Good luck with the visa...wish I had some Uzbekistan strings to pull for you but, alas, that one is just way out of my league. In the meantime...get a camera cable, damn it! I want to see some photos!